Bipolar Disorder Treatment Options in Cleveland
Bipolar disorder is a mental condition in which a person has wide or extreme mood swings. In most people with bipolar disorder, there is no clear cause for the periods of extreme happiness and high activity, or depression and low activity.
The following may trigger a manic episode in someone with bipolar disorder:
- Periods of not being able to sleep (insomnia)
- Medicines such as antidepressants or steroids
- Drug or alcohol use
Why Consider Treatment at Highland Springs
The Highland Springs multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, therapists and clinicians work together to thoroughly assess each patient and ensure they receive a customized plan of care.
Treatment for Bipolar Disorder Can Include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT)
- Solution-focused therapy
- Trauma-focused therapy groups
- Holistic therapies: yoga therapy, art therapy, music therapy, pet therapy, recreation therapy
- Educational programs: mindfulness training, fitness & wellness education, nutrition education
Levels of Care for Bipolar Disorder
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some related questions and answers that you might find useful. If you need more information, you can call us 24/7 at 216-302-3070.
View more frequently asked questions.